As COVID cases surge, we are quickly trying to mitigate risks to members, patients and employees. Please review the current member/patient screening questions for access to the Summit. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you answer YES to any of these questions you may not use the facility:
1. Do you have a fever over 100?
Please return back when you don’t have a fever. We recommend that you contact your provider.
2. Do you have a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fever, new onset of loss of taste or smell or unexplained new onset of fatigue, body aches, headache, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, congestion or runny nose?
Come back when you don’t have any symptoms. We recommend that you contact your provider.
3. Have you traveled out of the state of Montana in the last 14 days? OR
4. Have you been in close contact* with someone who has been out of state in the last 14 days?
Member may NOT enter the facility and should self-quarantine for 14 days. Please return to Summit if symptom-free after quarantine.
5. Have you had close contact* with anyone known or suspect to have COVID-19?
Contact Jonnette SIbson, the Operations Manager, at 751-4132. Typically it will be a 14 day wait period from date of exposure. We will determine return date and discuss freeze options. Call Member Services, 751-4107, for more information on freeze options.
What is close contact? Being within 6 feet of someone for at least 15 minutes without a mask.