Scholarship assistance is available to anyone based on documented financial need. Scholarships are provided on a fair and open basis and without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Scholarship applications are available at The Summit Member Services office during normal business hours. The Summit welcomes everyone based on availability. As a partner in your pursuit of good health, financial assistance is available based upon documented financial need.
To provide a supportive environment for improving and sustaining individual well being through education, recreation, fitness and health promotion.
- Financial assistance is available, to the extent possible, based upon documented financial need. Assistance will be provided on a fair and open basis and without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, the presence of a disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
- Youth, family, medical and first time requests are priorities.
- The Summit believes a better sense of ownership is developed when the scholarship recipient has financially contributed to their participation at The Summit. Therefore, applicants will be asked to pay a portion of their fees.
Assistance is available to those able to demonstrate medical and/or financial need.
Financial guidelines are based upon the Federal Low Income Levels.
Persons who are more than 50% supported by a parent or guardian must also submit associated income information and will be considered based on the parent/guardian gross income level.
Complete and sign the scholarship application. Attach the following written documentation:
- Prior year's federal income tax 1040 return and one full month's worth of current pay stubs or unemployment benefits, OR Federal or state agency award letter, i.e. AFDC, Social Security, SSI award letter, food stamp awards, etc.
- Summit membership paperwork
- Physicians authorization to begin an independent exercise program (if requested)
- Personal letter explaining why and how a Summit membership would benefit you and/or your family
Scholarship applications are available at The Summit Member Services office during normal business hours.
- Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Mondays and Wednesdays 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- All records are kept confidential.
- Billing options are electronic funds transfer (EFT) or direct bill.
- The amount of assistance will be determined following review of the application by the scholarship committee.
- Notification will be mailed within 30 days of the review.
- Payment of processing fee and prorate of first month dues are required to start membership.
- Scholarships are awarded on a 6 month basis.
- Scholarships may be renewed. The scholarship application must be completed to reapply.
- Mandatory attendance guidelines must be adhered to by each family member or the scholarship will be revoked.
- All scholarship recipients must adhere to The Summit's Member Policies and Procedures.
- The scholarship will be revoked and recipient will be billed for all services provided at regular membership rates if it is determined that he/she submitted false information to obtain the scholarship.
- Any violation of Summit policies & procedures that constitutes a category 2 or category 3 offense as outlined in the Member Policies & Procedures will result in the scholarship being immediately revoked.
- Refusal to pay a past due balance of 60 days or more will cause the scholarship to be terminated. In addition, collection activity will be pursued and The Summit account will be terminated.
- Any recipient who has a scholarship revoked will be ineligible to reapply.
- In the case of emergencies, written requests for exceptions to any of the policies must be made to the Scholarship Membership Representative for committee review.
There are various volunteer opportunities available at The Summit. By being accepted to the scholarship program, your name will be placed on a volunteer contact list. You may be contacted by the recreation coordinator and asked to help out with some events such as the Kids Triathlon in July and Teen Night on Saturday evenings 9-11 pm, December - March. We ask that you volunteer a minimum or 8 hours of your time during each scholarship period if you are able. A volunteer binder is available at the front desk where you can sign up for upcoming volunteer events.