Welcome to Occupational Health Services. In today's economy, we understand that having a job is more important than ever. At OHS, our job is keeping you at yours. Our dedicated team of physicians, nurse practitioners, therapists, nurses, and case managers have been ensuring the safety of workers, and helping you maximize workplace productivity since 1991. Whether you're the boss, or the boss-to-be, our one-stop shop has an extensive range of services to meet your needs in the Flathead Valley and beyond. Please click on the links below for more information. We look forward to partnering with you to bring a new level of work safety and health to your business. Our mission at Occupational Health Services is to keep Montana's workforce healthy, safe, and on the job.
1. If you or someone on the job has suffered a life-threatening medical condition please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency medical facility immediately.
2. We understand that prompt evaluation and treatment is the way to ensure the best outcome for both the patient and your business. With more than 15 years of experience, our clinic provides a comprehensive array of injury management services.
• Prompt attention to cuts, fractures, exposures and other non-life-threatening medical injuries
• First aid treatments that help you reduce OSHA-reportable injuries
• Analysis of how an injury relates to work duties
• Legible and prompt document completion
• Return-to-work guidelines customized to your business
• An on-site certified case manager to optimize treatment
Our team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and therapist offer an all-inclusive approach to business safety, health, and productivity. Below are a few services Occupational Health has to offer:
Whether you drive a big rig, a crane, or a tug boat, OHS has you covered, as our broad spectrum of exams test for both federal and state regulatory requirements. Among these are exams for the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, crane operators and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Fitness for Duty Exams
To maximize safety and productivity, you need to have the right employees doing the right jobs. Our services help you ensure the best match:
• WorkSTEPS functional employment testing
• Functional capacity evaluations
• Post-offer screenings
• Montana Subsequent Injury Fund determinations
Impairment Ratings/IME/Disability Exams
When it comes to making a diagnosis, OHS relies on objective medical findings. We offer accurate and unbiased examination services that involve:
• Examiners trained in both the sixth and fifth edition American Medical Association Guides to Permanent Impairment
• Examiners trained by the American Board of Medical Examiners
• Concise and legible reports
• Report turnaround in one to four days
• Medical chart review services
Making it in the business world sometimes requires a lot of noise. With our extensive hearing conservation services, OHS can ensure the roar of success isn't followed by the silence of hearing loss. We offer:
• In-clinic or on-site audiometric screenings certified by the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation.
• Measurements of site noise exposure level.
• Physician review of abnormal audiograms.
• OSHA and MSHA hearing conservation training.
The history of occupational medicine shows that no body component has suffered more than the lungs. With our in-depth analyses, OHS can bring safety to each breath, by providing:
• OSHA-regulated medical evaluation for respiratory use
• Analysis of worksite respiratory hazards
• As-needed pulmonary function testing and physical exams
• Respiratory fit testing via Saccharin or Bitrex
Impaired Employee Services
Nothing can be more dangerous than an impaired employee at work. Whether your concern is inappropriate alcohol use, prescription drugs, illicit drugs or even over-the-counter drugs, medications, OHS can provide the testing and counseling both you and your employee need to succeed.
Job Analysis builds a foundation for your employee injury prevention programs by describing your jobs in a standardized and easily understood manner. We help you:
• Assess job duties and required skills, abilities and education.
• Review specific job machines, tools and equipment.
• Analyze job environment and materials handling.
• Assess work postures and develop ergonomic worksite modifications.
• Create an effective pre-work screening program.
• Create job files.
• Analyze and classify high-risk jobs.
• Establish criteria to determine when injured employees are ready to return to work.
A drug screening program is the best way to keep illicit substances out of your business and out of your employees. At OHS, maintaining a drug-free workplace is of highest priority. Our services include:
• On-site medical review officer and substance abuse program administrator.
• Certified urine drug screen collectors and breath alcohol technicians.
• Certified lab analysis.
• Pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, random, return-to-duty, follow-up and periodic testing.
• Urine, blood, breath, oral fluid and hair testing.
• Worksite, ER and in-house specimen collection.
• 24/7 testing for for post-accident and reasonable cause.
• Program administration for random drug and alcohol testing.
• Random testing pool maintenance for both DOT and non-DOT employers.
• Federal- and state-regulated supervisor training.
• Drug-free workplace program development.
If you need to reach us after hours, page us at 758-9330 or through the hospital operator, 752-5111 (ask for OHS).
There is no better way to treat an injury than to prevent one from happening in the first place. We offer several services designed to keep your employees at work and out of the emergency room:
Body Mechanics Training
A board certified ergonomics physical therapist leads our program, called Ergonomic. It provides:
• Worksite analysis programs tailored for businesses, groups and individuals
• Self-management techniques
• Training to develop habits that help prevent injuries
Blood Borne Pathogens
Any accidental blood exposure is a serious and distressing event, Occupational Health Services can help you get the timely treatment and evaluation you need to protect yourself. We offer:
• On-call services for immediate exposure evaluation
• Worksite analysis of potential hazards
• Employee and supervisor OSHA-required training
• Protocols to comply with OSHA regulations on blood-borne pathogens
Keeping Montana’s workforce healthy, safe, and on the job since 1991.
We can provide services to support your efforts to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Our Medical Review Officer, breath alcohol technicians, and urine drug collectors meet training and certification required by 49 CFR Part 40. Our breath alcohol technicians and urine drug collectors are on call 24/7 for post accident and reasonable cause testing. We can be reached after hours using digital pager 758-9330 or through the hospital operator at 752-5111 (ask for OHS). We can arrange collection sites outside Flathead County if needed.
We provide supervisor training for DOT drug and alcohol testing. As our client for testing services, your employees would receive a 50% discount for those training sessions. We do training sessions quarterly at The Summit in Kalispell (flyer attached). We can also provide training at your site for a minimum of $150 per 2 hour session (plus travel time and mileage for locations outside of Kalispell). We provide employee training which can be tailored to your work environment and employee needs.
Our certified Substance Abuse Program Administrator can provide consultation services to assist you to meet federal and state regulations related to workplace testing. We have software to manage random testing programs.
Our medical providers have specialized training and experience in impairment assessments and fitness for duty evaluations. This service is available 24/7 through our on call staff.
We also work in conjunction with Pathways Treatment Center in order to provide outpatient addiction treatment services. Pathways utilizes multiple treatment modalities, including individual, group, and family counseling, as well as medically assisted treatment as deemed necessary by addictionologists.
Occupational Health Services is your best partner for a drug-free workplace!
Greg Vanichkachorn, M.D., MRO
Certified Medical Review Officer
Manager of Occupational and Employee Health Services
Medical Review Officer Assistant
Sometimes, more than just acute treatment is needed to get back to work. Using our testing facilities, our certified rehabilitation counselors can return injured workers to employment safely and promptly. We help:
• Analyze transferable skills
• Conduct academic testing
• Develop a rehabilitation plan
• Do a labor market survey
• Determine vocational alternatives and job placement
• Assess for re-training possibilities
• Arrange expert witness testimony
• Analyze needs and interest
• Prepare a resume