Building Confidence, Reducing Falls
Stepping On is an evidence based CDC Falls Prevention program that has proven to reduce falls in older adults by 30%.
The program consists of a workshop that meets once a week for two hours over seven consecutive weeks. Workshops are led by a health professional and a peer leader – someone who, just like you, is concerned about falls. In addition, local guest experts provide information on exercise, balance, vision, home and community safety, and medication management. Each workshop consists of one hour discussion on topics pertaining to falls prevention followed by one hour of balance and strength exercises.
Discussion Topics Include:
- Developing a home exercise program
- Understanding the role vision plays in maintaining balance
- How medication can contribute to falls
- Safe footwear recommendations
- How to eliminate fall hazards in your home
- What to do if you fall and how to get up from a fall
And many more…
Call today to learn more about Stepping On: 406-751-4520