Infant Massage Class
At North Valley Hospital, we would like to enhance your birth experience by offering the art of infant massage. Infant massage is a natural way that parents can learn about parenting, and infants can learn about being loved and honored. Parents will learn the art of infant massage and be guided through each step in a cozy, comfortable environment.
What to Expect
- You will have the comforts of a thick mat to lay your baby on.
- You will receive a complimentary bottle of massage oil and take-home instructions.
- Please bring a blanket, extra diapers and a special toy.
- Be prepared to feed your baby if necessary.
- Dress your baby in easy-to-remove clothing.
- We encourage you to bring your baby, but if you do not wish to or are currently pregnant, please bring a doll or stuffed animal.
Professional Office Building
Snowghost Conference Room
711 13th Street East
Whitefish, MT 59937
Classes are free. Please call (406) 863-3535
View calendar for dates >
Loving Touch from the Start
Benefits for baby:
- Helps baby learn to relax and releases tension.
- Promotes bonding and attachment in parent-infant relationship.
- Helps to relieve colic, gas and discomfort from teething and congestion.
- Increases self-esteem and sense of love, acceptance, respect and trust.
- Reduces gas and colic and allows the baby to sleep deeper and longer.
- Enhances communication.
- Improves body awareness and muscle tone coordination.
- Helps baby cope with physical stress of disabilities.
Benefits for parents and caregivers:
- Helps caregiver to feel more confident in caring for baby with ability to read the baby’s cues.
- Enhances parent-infant communication and builds respect.
- Helps ease the stress of working parents who are separated from child during the day.
- Provides a nurturing tool for fathers and grandparents of breastfed babies.
- Promotes overall parenting skills.
Bonding with Your Baby
Bonding, that unique and close attachment between you and your child, is enhanced with the observant and sensitive care of massage. Responding to your baby’s smiles, frowns and squirms in this comforting way reinforces trust between the two of you, which can provide the foundation of your relationship for years to come.
Massage Benefits for Parents
Giving your infant a massage can build your understanding of your baby’s cues and increase your confidence in caring for him or her. You may feel more satisfied both with the quality of time you spend with your infant and with your increased ability to help your child relax in times of stress. You may even find your own tension ease when performing the gentle movements.
Nurturing Your Older Child
Massage can calm children during emotional upsets and relieve the discomforts of illness, headaches and muscle cramps. Children with attention deficit disorder or hyperactivity often concentrate better, cry less and sleep better when they receive a massage.