Baby Blues Support Group
The Baby Blues support group meets the first Thursday of every month from 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m
. The group is for mothers, fathers and/or any coping with postpartum mood changes. Come with or without your baby.
The group is facilitated by NVH Birth Center RNs who are also Postpartum Support International certified.
Professional Office Building
711 13th Street East
Whitefish, MT 59937
Registration is NOT required, however, please refer to the online calendar for current dates and times. For questions call The Birth Center at (406) 863-3535
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
View calendar >
Baby Blues Mission Statement
It is our intention to provide support, information and resources to women and families coping with pregnancy and postpartum mood disorders and to the professionals who serve them.
Facts and Figures
Postpartum mood disorders are the most common complication of childbirth:
- Occurs in 1 in 7 births in the first three months.
- Occurs in 1 in 5 births in the first year.
- Impacts 1 in 10 fathers or other support people.
Symptoms may include:
- Mild anxiety
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Bipolar disorder
How are you feeling?
In the past two weeks, have you:
- Felt sad or low?
- Felt more tired than usual or have less energy during the day?
- Felt upset or annoyed at little things?
- Had trouble thinking, concentrating or making decisions?
- Had no appetite or been eating too much?
- Worried that you might hurt yourself or felt like you wanted to die?
- Had trouble enjoying things that used to be fun?
- Felt like you have no one to talk to?
- Felt that you just can’t make it through the day?
- Felt worthless or hopeless?
- Had headaches, backaches or stomachaches?
If you have given birth to a baby in the last 12 months, have you:
If you have thoughts of harm to yourself or your infant, please seek immediate medical attention. Place your infant with a safe person and call 911 or visit your local emergency department.
- Had problems sleeping when your baby sleeps, or sleeping too much?
- Felt numb or disconnected from your baby?
- Had scary or negative thoughts about your baby?
- Worried that you might hurt your baby?
- Felt worried or scared that something bad might happen?
- Felt guilty or ashamed about your job as a mother?
Baby Blues Connection
Postpartum Support International
Mental Health America