Expectant mothers and their families come from far and wide to deliver at The Birth Center at North Valley Hospital. Our focus on family-centered maternity care personalizes each birth experience so that parents are involved and share in the childbearing event according to their wishes.
Whether you are a nuclear family, single parent or belong to an extended family, it is the objective of the entire staff to meet your individual needs so your experience may be fulfilling and rewarding.
The birth of your baby is one of the most important events of your life. We look forward to sharing that with you and exceeding your expectations for a wonderfully memorable experience.
The popularity of our Birth Center created the need for a major renovation and expansion complete with new amenities and technologies focused on family care, safety and comfort. The 2,730-square-foot expansion added three additional labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum rooms. The beautiful new rooms include built-in jetted tubs, Murphy-style postpartum beds, large restrooms and soft lighting.
There was also extensive renovation of approximately 1,045 square feet of existing space providing for a larger nursery to care for babies needing special attention. Other changes include a larger nurses’ station to accommodate multiple providers and staff, an expanded family waiting area and a new lactation room to assist new mothers. An upgraded infant security system also was added.
The Birth Center staff collaborates with obstetricians, family practice physicians and certified nurse midwives to do everything possible in making each parent’s wishes come true, including a variety of options to make your labor, delivery and postpartum more comfortable. The Birth Center works hard every day to maintain an extremely high approval rating, 98 percent breastfeeding success rate and a C-section rate that is well below the national average.
Here you will find personalized care in a warm, homelike environment to help you relax and rejoice in your birth experience, including:
The Birth Center Brochure
Infant Massage Brochure
Nitrous Oxide for Pain Management
- Large labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum rooms with queen-size Tempur-Pedic beds, wireless internet and DVD players
- Patient-centered care with one-on-one nursing attention during labor
- Jetted tubs for relaxation and water births
- In-room daybeds or fully reclining loungers for the comfort of overnight guests
- Wide variety of pain control methods from acupuncture to epidurals, including nitrous oxide for pain management during labor
- Professional, complimentary infant photography session by Lot 22 Photography
- In-room massage
- Delicious food including Cuisine-on-Call service
- Gift basket for baby
- Free birth and perinatal classes
The Birth Center
Manager Cindy Walp