The North Valley Hospital Respiratory Therapy Department provides the necessary care for both inpatients and outpatients. Home care is not available through the hospital, but referrals can be made based on your needs.
Therapists provide respiratory therapy care and life support to patients of all ages with acute and chronic illnesses affecting the cardiopulmonary system. Care consists of diagnostic testing, therapeutic procedures and patient/family education. All respiratory therapists on staff are credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
The Respiratory Therapy Department received the 2016 Quality Respiratory Care Recognition Award presented by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for promoting and providing excellent patient safety and care.
Outpatient Diagnostic Testing
- Cardiac stress testing
- Pulmonary function testing (PFT) / spirometry
- Electrocardiogram / EKG
- Pulse oximetry recordings
- Sleep studies for sleep disorders
- Arterial blood gas (ABG) testing
- And more
Inpatient Support and Family Education
- Smoking cessation
- Asthma care and management
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) care and management
- Biphasic positive airway pressure (BIPAP) therapy
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Equipment, medications and physiological responses
- Pulmonary exercises
- Improved health and lifestyle changes
- And more
Asthma Education and Management Program
North Valley Hospital offers a patient education program focused on delivering asthma self-management education to patients who come to the hospital with a primary or secondary diagnosis of asthma. When an individual enters the hospital and is identified with asthma or the potential for asthma, they receive personalized education on asthma causes, triggers, symptoms, and signs to recognize an oncoming attack.
The program is led by Carrie Bates, Director of Respiratory Therapy and a registered respiratory therapist. For more information, contact Carrie at (406) 863-3570 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Asthma Education Booklet