North Valley Hospital’s health care philosophy of providing patient-centered care in a healing environment
is not a buzz phrase; it’s a way of life for us. The basis of this concept is to individualize care in a homelike environment with caring and compassionate staff. Our goal is to meet the most important objective – helping our patients heal.
Some hospital stays are planned, allowing patients to prepare for their stay. We recommend leaving valuables at home, but encourage you to bring items that bring comfort. As a patient at North Valley Hospital, we welcome your family and friends into your temporary home 24 hours a day, seven days a week to bring you the support and joy you need to heal quickly.
The Medical/Surgical/Pediatric Unit has six private and 12 L-shaped semiprivate rooms that extend much more privacy than a curtain division. All the rooms have large windows facing the Whitefish Range and the peaks of Glacier National Park to the east of the hospital. The semiprivate rooms also offer vaulted ceilings and French doors that open into healing garden patios.
Planetree – Making Your Stay as Enjoyable as Possible
- Warm, comfortable surroundings with spacious rooms, warm colors, original artwork and a quiet carpeted hallway
- Daybed in each patient room that can be used as an oversized window seat during the day and converted in the evening for a loved one to spend the night
- Desk with cable television and DVD player
- Wireless internet
- Family refreshment stations with hot and cold beverages and snacks. The stations have a refrigerator and microwave if you would like to bring your own refreshments.
- Massage therapy
- Fresh-baked cookies made right in the patient hallway, providing a warm aroma and a delicious treat (if diet allows)
- Acupuncture available with a hospitalist’s or physician’s referral
- Health resources library located in main corridor of the hospital
- Dog visitation therapy by certified visitation dogs and their handlers to give joy and decrease stress
- Patient pet visitation – we welcome your own dog to visit during your stay for your comfort and enjoyment. Pets must be well behaved and leashed or in a carrier. Ask your nurse for more information.
- Live harp music
- Delicious and nutritious food – you’ll be delighted by the range and quality of our offerings. It’s not your typical hospital food! Cuisine-on-Call is also available for patients and guests on weekends and after hours.
How did we do?
We thank you for choosing North Valley Hospital and want to know how you felt about your experience with us.
If you’ve had an exceptional experience, you may like to fill out a Caught You Caring
card to provide an immediate response to the staff you have chosen to recognize. We also offer comment boxes at both the north and south entrances for patients, guests and staff. The comments may be anonymous, or we respond regularly to those with contact information.
In addition, patients will receive a letter after their stay asking them to complete a short survey. We continue to evolve and improve our quality and care; therefore, comments are important to us. We hope that you will take a few moments to share your feedback.
Main Nurses’ Station