What is cardiac rehabilitation?
Cardiac rehabilitation is an individualized and personalized treatment plan following a heart attack, angina, heart surgery or other heart disease. It includes evaluation and instruction on physical activity, nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Control your heart disease symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath.
- Stop or reverse damage to the blood vessels in your heart.
- Lessen the physical and emotional effects of heart disease.
- Improve your stamina and strength, getting you back to your usual activities.
- Live longer and lessen your chances for another heart attack.
Recent scientific studies have shown that people who complete a cardiac rehabilitation program can increase their life expectancy by up to five years (American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, 2015).
What is pulmonary rehabilitation?
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a service designed for those who experience lung problems such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, bronchitis, lung cancer or lung cancer surgery, and other pulmonary diseases. It helps you improve your quality of life.
Although pulmonary rehabilitation cannot cure your lung disease, it can be of great benefit. You may notice improved breathing effort and fewer breathing problems.
Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Decrease symptoms of your disease or condition.
- Increase your ability to function better in daily life.
- Increase your ability to exercise.
- Decrease your symptoms and better manage anxiety and depression.
Services Offered at North Valley Hospital
- Clinically supervised exercise with heart monitoring
- Individualized treatment plans and dietary counseling
- Medication review with a pharmacist
- Healthy lifestyle education support
- Ongoing contact with your provider regarding progress
How do I enroll?
A physician referral is required to participate in the program. While most insurance providers cover cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, you should verify coverage with your insurance company. Your provider does not need to be on staff to refer you to our service.
1600 Hospital Way
Whitefish, MT 59937
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.