Planetree_logo-green

menubarNorth Valley Hospital

North Valley Hospital

News

News
HomeNewsSeventy-eight years of volunteer service

Seventy-eight years of volunteer service

North Valley Hospital and Foundation will be recognizing the North Valley Hospital Auxiliary at the hospital employee/volunteer picnic on Tuesday, July 25. This is the last year of service from this philanthropic organization. All past and present Auxiliary members as well as their families are invited to join us at the hospital campus on the 25th of July. Picnic begins at 11:30 AM with the recognition starting at noon.

The Whitefish Hospital Guild started supporting their community hospital in 1949, and in 1969 the volunteer organization changed their name to North Valley Hospital Guild and in 1976 to the North Valley Hospital Auxiliary. Over 300 members participated over the years providing sometimes three generations of family members who all pulled together to support their local hospital. In the early days, the auxiliary was the main fundraising icon for hospital equipment purchases. The archived lists of equipment, big to small is vast, and in the most recent years the NVH Auxiliary has provided healthcare scholarships for students pursuing health care careers.

Whitefish City Hospital opened in 1905 – 1947; John B. Simons Hospital ran from 1947 – 1961; Whitefish Memorial 1961 – 1971; and North Valley Hospital opened in 1971 (former 13th Street location) and the hospital opened at the current site in 2007. North Valley Hospital and the NVH Foundation take their hats off to all the auxiliary membership and thank them all for their many years of dedication to our community healthcare.