Located in Columbia Falls, North Valley Physical Therapy specializes in functional orthopedic exercise programs, women’s health and manual therapy with each patient receiving one-on-one attention.
Both Medicare and Medicaid programs are accepted, as well as many other private insurance and workers compensation carriers. Veterans Administration referrals are welcome.
Services and Specialties
- Ergonomics for job and home
- Physical rehabilitation of orthopedic surgeries and musculoskeletal conditions
- Sports injury rehabilitation: knee injuries and post-surgery rehab
- Rotator cuff repair rehab
- Joint replacement rehabilitation for total shoulder, total knee, partial knee, total hip, hip resurfacing surgeries
- Arthritis programs
- Workers’ compensation injuries
- Spine care programs including proper lifting and preventive care
- Work conditioning
- Motor vehicle accident recovery program
- Women’s health rehabilitation
- Urinary and fecal incontinence (for men also!)
- Pelvic pain
- Pregnancy-related pain
- Myofascial pain
- Balance and functional treatment for concerns about falling or walking difficulty
- Lymphedema treatment and education
- Orthopedic physical therapy for painful shoulders, knees, hips, elbows or ankles
- Neurological treatment following stroke, for Parkinson’s disease or other conditions
- Vestibular and balance disorders
Your Physical Therapists
- Bill Brunett, PT
- Stacy Dolan, PT
- Sue Rucinski, PT
Our physical therapists provide one-on-one care, with an engaging attitude that will help you recover your function and meet your goals. They know the latest techniques for effective yet gentle pain reduction and muscle function improvement, including strain and counterstrain, myofascial release and kinesiotape.
Physical therapists use their hands to identify issues like spasms or restrictions, too much mobility, and weakness or imbalance in the muscles that could be contributing to your condition. Appropriate exercises are incorporated into the treatment regimen to enhance treatment goals and return clients to their optimal functionality.
Manual therapy includes specific joint mobilization techniques, where a graded pressure is applied to stretch and reduce restrictions in the joint capsule, enhancing small but very important accessory motions that enable full range of motion. Kinesiotape is applied to the muscles in a manner that changes the sensory input from the skin. It is helpful in either reducing muscle spasm or facilitating muscle capabilities and is sometimes used to help reduce swelling. Physical modalities including ultrasound and heat or cold applications also may be used in your treatment program.
While you’re a patient of North Valley Physical Therapy, you have access to all exercise equipment during business hours to maximize your therapy between one-on-one sessions.
Preparing for Your First Visit
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Bring information on your health history and medications so that we have all the information necessary to establish your plan of care.
- Bring your prescription for physical therapy from your health care provider.
- Bring your insurance information and picture ID.
Goals are developed with your input so that the program, designed just for you, is targeted to meet your body’s needs and capabilities. Close communication with your physician is essential to our success, and we will send him or her a copy of the evaluation, as well as periodic updates during your course of treatment.
North Valley Physical Therapy
North Valley Hospital Community Center
235 Nucleus Avenue
Columbia Falls, MT 59912
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Early and late appointments available upon request.