North Valley Embrace Health is an outpatient program that provides individualized and group treatment for those 55 years and older with moderate to severe emotional, behavioral or mental health disorders.
Senior adults and their caregivers have unique problems and needs. Physical decline, loss of independence, safety concerns and multiple losses are just a few that require special attention. This program provides intensive outpatient group treatment Monday through Friday in a caring and comfortable environment that follows North Valley Hospital’s Planetree philosophy of patient-centered care.
Medical director J. Douglas Muir, MD, evaluates each patient at admission, oversees the patient’s treatment and provides psychiatric follow-up regularly during their participation. With Dr. Muir’s outpatient behavioral health practice established at North Valley Hospital, patient follow-up after discharge can become an integral part of the spectrum of mental health care, providing medication management and continued coordination of care.
North Valley Hospital brings its Planetree philosophy of patient-centered care in a healing environment to Embrace Health. We encourage open communication and healing partnerships with caregivers to nurture the mind, body and spirit. We offer quality care that stresses the importance of dignity, respect, confidentiality, and helping the individual achieve an optimal level of functioning and well-being.
Who could benefit from the program?
North Valley Embrace Health Brochure
- The person whose quality of life has been diminished by physical and emotional stressors
- The person who has not progressed or benefited sufficiently in less intensive treatment settings
- The person whose mental health is declining and might require inpatient care unless treatment is provided
- To restore optimum mental and physical health.
- To alleviate symptoms that interfere with the individual's ability to function.
- To support the integrity of the family.
- To maximize independence.
Psychotherapy to include (but not limited to):
- Coping – positive living skills
- Grief and loss resolution
- Medication management
- Communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Stress management skills
Signs and Symptoms of Mental Distress in Senior Adults
- Low self-esteem
- Agitation, combative behavior
- Confused thoughts
- Suicidal thoughts
- Change in eating or sleeping patterns
- Disorientation, failing memory
- Social isolation
- Paranoia, hallucinations, delusions
- Unresolved grief issues
Medicare and most private insurance plans are accepted. North Valley Embrace Health provides a sliding fee scale to help those in need, thereby making health care services more accessible and affordable.
Any concerned individual may refer themselves or someone else to the program.
An initial clinical assessment is provided at no cost to determine the need for physician evaluation. Although anyone can refer, only a licensed physician can make an order for admission.
Physician's Guide to Admission Criteria