With North Valley’s focus on patient-centered health care, understanding the experience of patients and their families is increasingly important. We have established a Patient and Family Advisory Council of community members who are committed to sharing their experiences to help us improve how we serve our patients and their families.
The council is instrumental in providing feedback directly to our senior leadership on a variety of topics, including:
- Current and new medical services
- Billing processes
- Marketing and external communications
- Wayfinding and signage
- Facility appearance and usage
- Reputation and image
- Hospital policies and procedures
- Health care trends
Council participants will have the opportunity to:
- Provide their feedback and recommendations that can have a direct impact on the experience of patients and families who visit the hospital.
- Learn about current and upcoming hospital services and processes.
- Receive a behind-the-scenes tour of the hospital.
- Enjoy a delicious meal prepared by the Valley Café during each meeting.
- Meet other community members and hospital staff.
The council meets six times a year, and we ask members to commit for a full year of participation. Meetings are generally held between 5-6:30 p.m. at North Valley Hospital, and dinner is provided.
If you are open to sharing your opinion and ideas to help your hospital continually improve its care and services, please contact Mary Sterhan, Director of Quality and Planetree, at (406) 863-3511 or email@example.com
“Patients and families are essential to effecting transformation change in health care and to enhancing its quality and safety.” – Institute of Family-Centered Care