Weekly COVID-19 Case Status Update
On February 20, 2021, the Flathead City-County Health Department cleared Brendan House of its outbreak status. After 48 hours of retesting, the two potentially positive staff members have both received negative COVID test results.
The health, safety, and well-being of our Brendan House residents continues to be our highest priority. Brendan House has and will continue to follow all CDC recommendations, and will continue weekly surveillance testing of staff.
We have resumed Connection Point visits: The Blue Connection Point, for Glacier POD, can be scheduled by calling (406) 751-6530
and the Red Connection Point, for the rest of the facility, can be scheduled at (406) 751-6517
Safeguarding Our Residents
The health and safety of our Brendan House residents and employees continues to be our highest priority. On Friday, March 13, 2020, at 7:30 p.m., Kalispell Regional Healthcare issued a strict visitor restriction for Brendan House as a precautionary measure to protect our residents. With visitor regulations still in place, all Brendan House employees, residents, and essential visitors perform daily preventive practices to keep our facility safe and healthy.
Within our facility, we will continue to:
- Encourage use of telehealth visits for residents.
- Practice safe reprocessing of all reusable resident medical equipment.
- Observe visitor restrictions at facility.
- Screen and mask all employees and essential visitors daily before entrance to facility.
- Screen residents for symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Use appropriate PPE to protect all employees and essential visitors.
- Practice safe donning and doffing of PPE by all employees and essential visitors.
- Social distance within the facility: Cancel large facility gatherings, common room dinners and activities, and community events.
- Ensure thorough and frequent cleaning and disinfection within the facility.
- Practice proper hand hygiene: Washing hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds.
- Provide education and guidance to both employees and residents on infection prevention protocols and procedures.
SEPTEMBER 6, 2020 - Brendan House employee testing update, letter to residents and families
JUNE 26, 2020 - Letter to Brendan House Residents and Families
MAY 8, 2020 - Canvas Church delivers 200 succulents to Brendan House residents for Mother's Day
APRIL 23, 2020 - Daybreak Rotary Club of Kalispell donates iPads to Brendan House residents
APRIL 22, 2020 - KRH introduces Connection Point, a safe visitation place for Brendan House
APRIL 7, 2020 - KRH expands telehealth services, offers virtual clinic appointments
MARCH 15, 2020 - KRH expands efforts to protect health of the community
MARCH 13, 2020 - Brendan House to implement visitor restrictions