COVID-19 Case Status
There are currently NO cases of COVID-19 at Brendan House.
Safeguarding Our Residents
The health and safety of our Brendan House residents and employees continues to be our highest priority. On Friday, March 13, 2020, at 7:30 p.m., Kalispell Regional Healthcare issued a strict visitor restriction for Brendan House as a precautionary measure to protect our residents. With visitor regulations still in place, all Brendan House employees, residents, and essential visitors perform daily preventive practices to keep our facility safe and healthy.
As both the state and KRH's facilities gradually reopen, we will continue to:
- Encourage use of telehealth visits for residents.
- Practice safe reprocessing of all reusable resident medical equipment.
- Observe visitor restrictions at facility.
- Screen and mask all employees and essential visitors daily before entrance to facility.
- Use appropriate PPE to protect all employees and essential visitors.
- Practice safe donning and doffing of PPE by all employees and essential visitors.
- Social distance within the facility: Cancel large facility gatherings, common room dinners and activities, and community events.
- Ensure thorough and frequent cleaning and disinfection within the facility.
- Practice proper hand hygiene: Washing hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds.
- Provide education and guidance to both employees and residents on infection prevention protocols and procedures.
JUNE 26, 2020 -
At this time, Brendan House has not re-opened to visitors. Our facility limited visitors prior to the Governor's order in March and we will allow visitations when it is safe to do based on the criteria CMS and CDC have put in place. We will continue to be both considerate and cautious to safeguard our residents. We do realize this is a difficult time for everyone and know that you are anxious to visit your loved one. "Our responsibility is great and I am beyond grateful for the support from all of our employees and families as we continue to navigate through this pandemic," says Kelly Bilau, Administrator for Brendan House.
If you'd like to schedule a Connection Point visit (a safe way for loved ones to visit with residents from a distance) go to https://www.krh.org/news/krh-introduces-connection-point-a-safe-visitation-place-for-brendan-house/
JUNE 26 - Letter to Brendan House Residents and Families
MAY 8 - Canvas Church delivers 200 succulents to Brendan House residents for Mother's Day
APRIL 23 - Daybreak Rotary Club of Kalispell donates iPads to Brendan House residents
APRIL 22 - KRH introduces Connection Point, a safe visitation place for Brendan House
APRIL 7 - KRH expands telehealth services, offers virtual clinic appointments
MARCH 15 - KRH expands efforts to protect health of the community
MARCH 13 - Brendan House to implement visitor restrictions