Weekly COVID-19 Case Status Update
Per the mandatory CMS directive, all of our Brendan House employees and residents are participating in weekly surveillance testing for COVID-19:
- On September 22, 2020, all Brendan House residents tested NEGATIVE for COVID-19.
- On September 16, 2020, Brendan House weekly employee surveillance COVID-19 testing did result in another POSITIVE asymptomatic staff member. This staff member will remain out of the facility until approved for return to work by the Flathead City-County Health Department and Employee Health Services. The Flathead County-City Health Department is working on contact tracing at this time; updates to this case will be communicated once they are received.
- Brendan House continues to follow directions from the Flathead City-County Health Department and all staff are utilizing proper Personal Protective Equipment and hand hygiene.
- The Connection Point will not be utilized at this time in order to reduce the activity of residents leaving their specific units. We will continue to offer virtual visits and they can be scheduled by calling (406) 751-6517.
Safeguarding Our Residents
The health and safety of our Brendan House residents and employees continues to be our highest priority. On Friday, March 13, 2020, at 7:30 p.m., Kalispell Regional Healthcare issued a strict visitor restriction for Brendan House as a precautionary measure to protect our residents. With visitor regulations still in place, all Brendan House employees, residents, and essential visitors perform daily preventive practices to keep our facility safe and healthy.
As both the state and KRH's facilities gradually reopen, we will continue to:
- Encourage use of telehealth visits for residents.
- Practice safe reprocessing of all reusable resident medical equipment.
- Observe visitor restrictions at facility.
- Screen and mask all employees and essential visitors daily before entrance to facility.
- Use appropriate PPE to protect all employees and essential visitors.
- Practice safe donning and doffing of PPE by all employees and essential visitors.
- Social distance within the facility: Cancel large facility gatherings, common room dinners and activities, and community events.
- Ensure thorough and frequent cleaning and disinfection within the facility.
- Practice proper hand hygiene: Washing hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds.
- Provide education and guidance to both employees and residents on infection prevention protocols and procedures.
September 6, 2020 Communication Update:
Last week, all Brendan House employees completed mandatory surveillance testing. Yesterday, we learned that one of our employees has tested positive for COVID-19. This employee was not working in the facility during the infectious and exposure period of the disease, and did not have any direct patient contact during that time. The employee continues to remain out of the facility and will not return until cleared by Employee Health Services and the Flathead City-County Health Department.
The health and safety of our Brendan House residents and employees continues to be our highest priority. We are working closely with the Flathead City-County Health Department and, as of right now, there have been no new positive cases or any displaying of COVID-related symptoms for our staff and residents. As a precaution, visits at the Connection Point and admissions to the facility have been placed on hold.
SEPTEMBER 6 - Brendan House employee testing update, letter to residents and families
JUNE 26 - Letter to Brendan House Residents and Families
MAY 8 - Canvas Church delivers 200 succulents to Brendan House residents for Mother's Day
APRIL 23 - Daybreak Rotary Club of Kalispell donates iPads to Brendan House residents
APRIL 22 - KRH introduces Connection Point, a safe visitation place for Brendan House
APRIL 7 - KRH expands telehealth services, offers virtual clinic appointments
MARCH 15 - KRH expands efforts to protect health of the community
MARCH 13 - Brendan House to implement visitor restrictions