Weekly COVID-19 Case Status Update
Per the mandatory CMS directive, all of our Brendan House employees and residents are participating in weekly surveillance testing for COVID-19:
- As of December 21, 2020, two residents at Brendan House that have tested positive. They were isolated and have transferred to care at the COVID unit in KRMC.
- As of December 10, 2020, 46 residents have recovered from COVID-19.
- On December 5, 2020, Brendan House weekly employee surveillance COVID-19 testing did result in one positive staff member. We have been surveillance testing staff members weekly and the staff members who have tested positive have been immediately quarantined, remaining out of the facility until approved for return to work by the Flathead City-County Health Department and Employee Health Services. Staff surveillance testing will continue per health department guidelines.
- On November 4, 2020, our weekly surveillance testing revealed that four of our residents tested positive for COVID. We immediately isolated these residents from the other residents and continued to perform recommended testing on the residents who may have had contact with any of the positive residents and have closely monitored all residents.
- The health, safety, and well-being of our Brendan House residents continues to be our highest priority. Brendan House has and will continue to follow all CDC recommendations. We have implemented heightened isolation precautions and additional PPE. In addition, we have ventilation system brought in additional resources to assist with daily disinfecting and cleaning needs.
- Virtual visits can still be coordinated by calling (406) 751-6517">(406) 751-6517. Connection Point visits for long-term care are on hold. Virtual visits and Connection Point visits for the transitional-care unit can be coordinated by calling (406) 751-6530">(406) 751-6530.
Safeguarding Our Residents
The health and safety of our Brendan House residents and employees continues to be our highest priority. On Friday, March 13, 2020, at 7:30 p.m., Kalispell Regional Healthcare issued a strict visitor restriction for Brendan House as a precautionary measure to protect our residents. With visitor regulations still in place, all Brendan House employees, residents, and essential visitors perform daily preventive practices to keep our facility safe and healthy.
As both the state and KRH's facilities gradually reopen, we will continue to:
- Encourage use of telehealth visits for residents.
- Practice safe reprocessing of all reusable resident medical equipment.
- Observe visitor restrictions at facility.
- Screen and mask all employees and essential visitors daily before entrance to facility.
- Use appropriate PPE to protect all employees and essential visitors.
- Practice safe donning and doffing of PPE by all employees and essential visitors.
- Social distance within the facility: Cancel large facility gatherings, common room dinners and activities, and community events.
- Ensure thorough and frequent cleaning and disinfection within the facility.
- Practice proper hand hygiene: Washing hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds.
- Provide education and guidance to both employees and residents on infection prevention protocols and procedures.
As of December 21, 2020, there are two COVID-positive residents at Brendan House. They were isolated and have transferred to care at the COVID unit in KRMC. Currently, 46 residents have recovered from COVID-19.
SEPTEMBER 6, 2020 - Brendan House employee testing update, letter to residents and families
JUNE 26, 2020 - Letter to Brendan House Residents and Families
MAY 8, 2020 - Canvas Church delivers 200 succulents to Brendan House residents for Mother's Day
APRIL 23, 2020 - Daybreak Rotary Club of Kalispell donates iPads to Brendan House residents
APRIL 22, 2020 - KRH introduces Connection Point, a safe visitation place for Brendan House
APRIL 7, 2020 - KRH expands telehealth services, offers virtual clinic appointments
MARCH 15, 2020 - KRH expands efforts to protect health of the community
MARCH 13, 2020 - Brendan House to implement visitor restrictions