What is a Travel Medicine Clinic?
International travel, whether for a vacation, church or diplomatic mission, or business, can be challenging if you are not prepared. Disease, illness, crime and injury happen unexpectedly to even the most experienced traveler. Planning for good health on an international trip is as important as buying tickets or obtaining a visa and passport.
Kalispell Regional Medical Center's Travel Medicine Clinic provides education, information, travel vaccines and travel medications for the international traveler. Our staff can prepare you for your trip with destination-specific medical information, immunizations, medications and other health care needs for your trip abroad.
What services are provided by the Travel Medicine Clinic?
Immunization review and administration
- Itinerary review for current potential health risks at your destination
- Hotel, airline and boat safety
- Health reports and contact information from hospitals located in or near your travel destinations
- Review of your medical history and any specific risks you may have during travel
- Medications to prevent malaria
- Methods to prevent insect bites
- Preparation of safe drinking water and recommendations/treatment for traveler's diarrhea
- Preventing altitude and motion sickness
- Counseling for individuals with underlying medical conditions that may increase the risk of acquiring infections
KRMC's Travel Medicine Clinic provides vaccines required to enter foreign countries and those recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. Certain recommended vaccines may help families reduce the risk of acquiring illnesses during international travel, including travel for international adoption. Individuals should schedule a visit at least one month prior to travel. Some vaccines, such as Hepatitis A, need several weeks to take effect while others may require multiple doses. The travel medicine clinic offers the following vaccinations:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese encephalitis
- Measles, mumps and rubella
- Meningococcal vaccines
- Tetanus, diphtheria
- Tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis combination vaccine
For More Information
430 Windward Way, Suite 100
Kalispell, MT 59901