Family Health Care is growing! The Kalispell primary care clinic is opening a south annex location and seeing patients in this new office space starting January 2, 2018 (see map below). The clinic provides walk-in care and urgent care services, and now patients will have additional access to care.
Family Health Care was voted the No. 1 walk-in clinic by Daily Inter Lake readers in 2017. If you’re in need of a checkup or feel a sniffle coming on, schedule an appointment with Family Health Care providers by calling (406) 752-8120. Thank you for your ongoing business and community support.
Family Health Care Map
Our Treatment Philosophy
We at Family Health Care, a department of Kalispell Regional Medical Center, live by a straightforward philosophy that keeps us on target for providing the very best in medical care for all ages. We would like to share that philosophy with you:
- Family Health Care offers complete medical care for you and every member of your family. We are committed to promoting health and wellness and providing high-quality, cost-effective, compassionate health care to all people regardless of age, race, color, creed or disability.
- Family Health Care fosters a cooperative and caring work environment, with attention to balancing personal, family and professional fulfillment.
- Family Health Care maintains its financial health and continues its clinic growth through the use of efficient and effective management principles and practices.
About Family Health Care
Family Health Care is a department of Kalispell Regional Medical Center. Medicare has determined that Family Health Care is a provider-based clinic, a Medicare status designation awarded to clinics meeting certain criteria.
We provide primary care for patients of all ages. Our offices are located in Kalispell at the Family Health Care offices at 1287 Burns Way, and in Columbia Falls at the Family Health Care – Columbia Falls Clinic
offices at 1850 Ninth Street West.
Family Health Care Facts and Figures
- FHC medical staff is composed of 18 providers including family practitioners, pediatricians, internists, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- FHC has approximately 80 employees including nursing, lab, X-ray and business office staff.
- FHC’s urgent care service has 12 exam rooms and separate rooms for minor surgery. Three medical providers and nurses staff urgent care and treat approximately 100 patients a day.
- FHC’s primary care service for scheduled appointments has 21 exam rooms and an average of seven medical providers on any given day. These professionals treat approximately 125 patients a day.
- FHC provides diagnostic services that include lab, X-ray, ultrasound imaging, bone density analysis, pulmonary function testing and stress testing.
Family Health Care provides all clinical services needed for rapid and accurate diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries usually seen in the office. The following is a list of the services you will find at our clinic.
For times when you need immediate medical attention, our urgent care service is there for you. Lab and X-ray services are available in urgent care. No appointment is required.
Family Health Care offers a fully staffed medical laboratory enabling prompt, accurate and precise test results.
- The laboratory is accredited by the College of Laboratory Accreditation, ensuring quality results.
- It is staffed by nationally certified and Montana state licensed clinical laboratory scientists dedicated to the health care profession within our community.
- The laboratory is fully automated, with advanced instrumentation and skilled scientists performing a wide array of clinical testing.
- Competitively priced laboratory tests provide same-day results for all in-house laboratory testing.
General X-ray examinations also are available in the clinic and are conducted by registered radiology technicians. All X-rays are interpreted by a board-certified radiologist. X-ray results may take up to one week to be reported and will be reported by telephone to the patient.
Ultrasound is used to aid in the diagnosis of a wide variety of medical conditions. Family Health Care has new, high-quality, state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment. Ultrasound examinations include:
- Abdominal studies (liver, gall bladder, kidneys, etc.)
- Pelvic studies (uterus, ovaries, urinary bladder, etc.)
- Superficial structure studies (thyroid, tissue masses)
- Vascular studies (carotid arteries, transcranial arteries, upper and lower extremity veins, etc.)
Family Health Care offers bone density screening. Bone mineral densitometry is a noninvasive test to detect low bone density and to help with early diagnosis of osteopenia (thin bones) and osteoporosis (very weak bones). We offer bone density testing using the DEXA (dual energy X-ray absorptiometry) protocol. DEXA is considered the gold standard and is the most widely used measurement modality. These instruments quantify bone mineral of the lumbar spine, forearm and hip.
Routine EKGs are performed on-site by nurses and trained medical assistants. Stress tests also are conducted in the office by your family physician. Cardiology services available in the clinic include:
- Chest X-rays
- Routine electrocardiograms (EKG)
- Treadmills with EKG monitoring
Our clinicians provide skin biopsies and excisions for a wide variety of health needs.
Family Health Care provides immediate attention to the illnesses and injuries of sports enthusiasts, whether they are high-performance athletes or weekend warriors.
Family Health Care offers preseason physical exams that meet the requirements for youth recreation and school sports participation. In the event an appointment is unavailable to meet your needs, a sports physical may be performed in our urgent care clinic on a space-available basis.
Although we do coordinate care with specialists outside our clinic when appropriate, Family Health Care can take care of many of the specialty procedures you may need, right here in our offices:
- Casting of common fractures
- Removal and treatment of skin cancers
- Stress echo
- Pulmonary function testing
Our office provides a full range of services for women of all ages needing gynecological care. Services include all forms of contraception, hormone replacement, pap smears and breast exams. Health education counseling on an individual basis is always available.
A telephone nurse is available to answer your basic medical questions and to help with prescription refills during office hours. To talk with the telephone nurse, please call our main clinic at (406) 752-8120. When you hear the menu options, press 2.
Family Health Care is always available to authorize prescription renewals. The best way to handle renewals is through your pharmacist. Please have your prescription number handy and, if possible, plan 48 hours in advance to make sure you do not run out while the prescription is being renewed and filled. Should you have any questions about your prescriptions, please feel free to call the office.
DOT Physical Exams for CDL
Family Health Care has physicians certified by the national registry to perform Department of Transportation physicals. It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the Department of Transportation physical exam. The purpose of this test is to check whether an applicant is physically capable of driving safely now and in the near future. Passing the exam successfully usually means you have 24 months before you need to do it again, unless you have a health issue that might become worse in the future, in which case the you will have to take the exam sooner.
Medical Home Recognition
Family Health Care is one of six primary care clinics of Kalispell Regional Healthcare that received the highest level of national recognition (level 3) in 2016 from the National Committee for Quality Assurance for their Patient-Centered Medical Home programs.
See our Medical Home
page to learn more about how this improves access and efficiency in your care.