To Honor Exemplary Students
In communities across Montana, there are students who are not only high achievers, but are also making an impact in their communities. Maybe this exemplary student is a club president, volunteers at the local food bank, or organizes fund-raisers for those in need. Kalispell Regional Healthcare (KRH) seeks to honor and recognize the lives of high-achieving high school students who — through school activities, volunteer work, community service, or other initiatives — nurture healthier communities.
Over the course of the 2019-20 school year, KRH, in cooperation with local newspapers (Daily Inter Lake, Hungry Horse News, Whitefish Pilot, and Lake County Leader), plans to recognize these top students and share their inspiring stories, via a monthly series called Today’s Achievers, Tomorrow’s Leaders. The Today’s Achievers, Tomorrow’s Leaders program will profile a local high school student every month with a feature story about his/her achievements and his/her contributions to improving the health, comfort and lives of their fellow students and their community. Our students are our future. By recognizing students who make a difference, others may be encouraged to do the same.
Nominations will be evaluated monthly by a selection committee including KRH and newspaper staff. Each month, the selected student will be interviewed and photographed by a newspaper reporter, and the profile will be published in the local newspaper as well as on social media channels.
To recognize a student with this honor, please submit student nominations by reviewing the criteria below and following the nomination button to fill out our online form.
- High school student in Flathead or Lake County
- Academics: Students who value their education by exhibiting academic responsibility; preferably have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Character: Students who display integrity, compassion, service, excellence
- Citizenship: Students who nurture healthy communities through community service, volunteerism or other contributions to their community and/or school
- Leadership: Students who take initiative and are role models for others