Montana health statistics — leading causes of death in Montana
2. Coronary heart disease
3. Unintentional injuries
Top three cancers in Montana (for men)
2. Lung and bronchus
3. Colon and rectum
How can I prevent cancer?
How can I prevent coronary heart disease?
- There are many cancers that have screenings available for early detection. Please contact your primary care provider to find what screenings are right for you.
- Risk factors you can control: adopt health behaviors into your everyday life through nutrition, physical activity, stress management, weight management, quitting smoking/tobacco products, wearing sunscreen, and more.
How can I prevent unintentional injuries?
Available local screening events
- Risk factors you can control: high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, extra weight and obesity.
- Adopt a Heart-Healthy Lifestyle: healthy diet, aim for a healthy weight, manage stress, incorporate physical activity, quitting smoking.
- Monthly Cholesterol Screening
- Prostate Screening
- The Summit Medical Fitness center, along with our local Prostate Cancer Organization partners yearly with Urology Associates to provide free prostate screening. This screening usually takes place in September. Keep an eye out for dates and call 751-4500 for more information.
- Contact your primary care provider to find the right screenings for you
Be sure to consult your primary care provider for any questions related to major lifestyle changes or to create a baseline for your health to measure the impact of your new activities. Call (406) 751-4176
if you want help finding a KRH primary care provider.