How can I overcome common challenges to start exercising?
Challenge #1: I don’t have enough time to exercise
Challenge #2: I think exercise is boring
- Squeeze in short walks or other activities periodically throughout the day
- Get up earlier to get in some exercise and jump start your day. Even 30 minutes can help.
- Drive less and walk more. Walk when you can, or park further away from your destination.
Challenge #3: I’m too tired to exercise after work.
- Exercise doesn’t have to be running on the treadmill every day. Choose an activity you enjoy that requires moving your body.
- Pick more than one activity to choose from to keep you interested. Change up your exercise activities often!
- Grab your “bros” and enjoy exercising with good company.
Challenge #4: I can’t afford health club fees
- Try working out in the morning to jumpstart your day, like taking a walk and listening to your favorite radio station or news.
- Get up and move at lunch time! Take a break from your desk and move around on your lunch break.
Play more, watch less sports
- You don’t need a membership to get in a great workout!
- Ditch the elevator at work and take the stairs
- Do bodyweight exercises at home such as push-ups and squats
You can still enjoy your favorite teams and big games on the big screen, but remember that you can also engage in these same activities. Sign up for a local league today!
Be sure to consult your primary care provider for any questions related to major lifestyle changes or to create a baseline for your health to measure the impact of your new activities. Call (406) 751-4176
if you want help finding a KRH primary care provider.