Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab Externships
Externships and student clinical hours are not paid. Transportation and lodging is the responsibility of the applicant. Accepted participants are expected to treat the externship as they would a job. Some examples are listed below.
- Must adhere to dress code.
- Show up for scheduled hours.
- Contact extern manager with any changes to your schedule.
- Uphold HIPAA guidelines when working with patients. Please review HIPAA for Professionals.
The Summit Medical Fitness Center offers a wide variety of internship experiences:
- Cardiac rehab
- Pulmonary rehab
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Wellness services: employee screening, wellness coaching, ancillary programming options
- Personal training – group fitness
- Youth programming, fitness and wellness services
- Aquatics programming
- Outcome management
- Special event planning (triathlons, road races, etc.)
- Research study participation
- Senior wellness/fitness
Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab and The Summit Medical Fitness Center Student Application