Information will continue to evolve and we will update this information as it becomes available. Thank you for your understanding.
You must review the COVID-19 Student, Instructor and Trainee Requirements
Student Affiliation Program
This is a formal program of study in which the student is currently enrolled and is seeking a clinical rotation, clerkship or externship experience at any Kalispell Regional Healthcare (KRH) facility. An affiliation agreement with the school is required. Please contact the student coordinator if you have any questions about an agreement for your school.
An affiliation agreement needs to be in place to go forward with a student placement for educational rotations. This can take some time. Please contact us as soon as possible to ensure an agreement is current and in place well in advance of an educational experience. This cannot be done by the individual departments and must be approved by the Student Affiliations department.
KRH Preceptor/Staff Nurse Evaluation
Please provide feedback for our staff by filling out the KRH Preceptor/Staff Nurse Evaluation after your experiences. We value your input and want to provide the best clinical experiences we can. Timely input can help us quickly remedy any issues and also gives us the opportunity to recognize outstanding staff for all they do.
Logan Health Preceptor Evaluation
Paperwork, Documentation and Requirement Information for Rotations
Please review the following documents that include the requirements for doing an educational rotation at KRH.
It is important that you know:
- No other vaccines can be given within 14 days of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- None of the currently authorized COVID-19 vaccines are live virus vaccines. Because data are lacking on the safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines administered simultaneously with other vaccines, the vaccine series should routinely be administered alone, with a minimum interval of 14 days before or after administration of any other vaccine
- TB skin/blood testing must wait one month after the COVID-19 vaccine before they can be performed.
- If using IGRA, draw blood prior to COVID-19 mRNA vaccination.
- If using TST, place prior to COVID-19 mRNA vaccination.
- If COVID-19 mRNA vaccination has already occurred, defer TST or IGRA until 4 weeks after completion of 2-dose COVID-19 mRNA vaccination.
This could delay student start dates if you do not follow these guidelines and have to wait to finish the Kalispell Regional Healthcare student requirements.
Please refer to the CDC guidelines regarding any questions as well as confirming with me if you find any contradictions to this information. This is what we are currently using as the Kalispell Regional Healthcare guidelines per our OHS/EHS department.
1. Review KRHS Student/Resident/Trainee Checklist/Orientation Manual
1a. Review KRH Code of Conduct
1b. Review EDU800 Policy
1c. Review HR530d Dress Code Policy
Watch this Hand Washing Video
2. Fill out the Student Personal Information Form at least one to two months in advance
of your rotation to ensure you are cleared to begin on time. The form will need to be filled out prior to the beginning of every semester, quarter or rotation. If you will be doing multiple rotations in different areas, it will need to be filled out for each rotation even if it is in the same quarter/semester.
This is how we ensure you have the correct badge and computer access for each rotation.
Student/Trainee/Resident Personal Information Form for KRH
3. All students are required to park in the student parking area designated on the map below. Failure to do so can lead to termination of the student experience here at Kalispell Regional Healthcare. All students and instructors are permitted to ride the KRH campus employee shuttle at no charge when it is in operation.
Student Parking Map
4. Upload a current, conservative, professional photo for your student ID badge. Please make sure the photo follows the HR530d Dress Code Policy above. No hats or sunglasses are allowed in the badge photo.
Upload Photo for Your ID Badge
5. Fill out the Background Check Release Form
below and submit it with a copy of your background check or have your school complete the date section and the bottom of the form to submit.
If you are a medical student your school can also submit a letter of good standing instead of the background check stating that the background check has been run with all of the Kalispell Regional Healthcare requirements and has been cleared. Either way you, the student, will need to fill out the Background Check Release Form and turn it in to the KRH student or medical student/residency coordinator.
In some cases the school may not provide a background check for students. If this is the case, the student will be responsible for providing a national criminal background check along with exclusion database list; (Office of Inspector General/OIG http://exclusions.oig.hhs.gov/
), national sexual offender list;( http://www.nsopw.gov/en-us
) and the individual entity exclusion records in SAM, the U.S. General Services Administration; (https://www.sam.gov/portal/SAM/#1
) that must cover the past 7 years, and must be run within 6 months prior to the start of the student’s program that will require clinical rotations. Please check with your school contact to see if this is your responsibility to avoid delays in starting your student experience with Kalispell Regional Healthcare.
Background Check Release Form
Any documents that need to be filled out (not including the documents that were for review only) will need to be returned to the KRH student coordinator at least 30 to 60 days prior to the start of a rotation. Feel free to scan and email the documents, or if you prefer you can fax them to the secure fax line in the student coordinator's office.
5. After all your requirements have been turned in and approved by the student coordinator, set up an appointment to be issued your student ID badge
. If you are a current employee you will still need a student ID badge. You are prohibited from using your employee badge while participating as a student for student rotations.
Computer Access for Students
Please fill out the following two linked documents if you will need computer access for your rotation. If you are not sure, contact your preceptor or school contact to find out. These documents must be filled out and emailed or faxed to the student coordinator at least 30 days prior to starting your student experience.
If you are a current employee, you will need separate computer access for your rotations as a student.
Computer Access Request Form
Student Computer Access Agreement
Student Meditech and Pyxis On-line Training Modules
If you will be using Meditech, KRH's patient record software, or Pyxis, KRH’s medication dispensing system, you will need to complete the following Modules in advance so you are familiar with the system. These modules are available on HealthStream. HealthStream is accessible from anywhere.
Click here for Meditech and Pyxis Training Module Instructions
User ID: studentguest
Other Student Forms
Fill out the Hepatitis B Declination Form if you do not have a positive Hepatitis B titer completed
TB Annual Management Form
1. Fill out Immunization Verification Form or provide copies of immunizations required to the student coordinator
2. Fill out School Checklist
3. Fill out the school portion of the Background Check Release Form after the student has filled out their portion of the form, unless the student is providing a copy of the background check with the release form. The background check must include a national sex offender search and an exclusions list check as well as the national criminal background check (see Student Instructions above).
4. Provide a current copy of the school's liability insurance.
Upload Documents Form
Any documents that need to be filled out need to be returned to the KRH student coordinator at least 30 to 60 days prior to the start of a rotation if at all possible. Feel free to scan and email the documents, fax them to the secure fax line, or if you prefer you can upload them here or drop them off at the student coordinator's office.
Student, Instructor, Resident Document Dropbox