An observer is a person who is in the facility to shadow a specific person(s). The observer will have no direct physical contact with the patient, nor would he/she, in any way, direct or participate in the treatment of the patient. This person is in the organization to observe only. An observation experience in any Kalispell Regional Healthcare department can be approved for up to 8 hours
Departments currently not accepting observers:
- Kalispell Regional Medical Center Operating Room and Surgical Services
- Kalispell Regional Medical Center Pediatric and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
We appreciate your interest in observing at Kalispell Regional Healthcare. Please understand, we will try our best but may not be able to honor your request. Approvals are based on the number of requests received, census, staffing, and space restrictions.
Click Here to Apply for Observing at any Kalispell Regional Healthcare Facility
Instructions and Requirements to Observe or Shadow
All observer requests are processed in the order in which all the requirements listed below are obtained.
Review HR 530d Dress Code Policy
- Observers must provide copies of all immunization & communicable disease records listed below. The records must be complete and turned into the Student Program Coordinator in the Student Affiliations department at Kalispell Regional Healthcare (KRH) prior to your observation experience. The required documents can be faxed to the secure fax line, emailed or submitted through the HIPAA Compliant Observer Drop Box below.
- Once your application, immunization and communicable disease records have been received and completed your application will be sent to the requested department for approval. This can sometimes take some time depending on how busy the department is so if you have any questions or concerns about the time that has passed since you filled out your application please do not hesitate to contact us for more details.
- Read Policy EDU800 below.
- Review and fill out the Observer Agreement document below and submit it to the Student Coordinator via fax, email or the HIPAA Compliant Observer Drop Box below. If you are under the age of 18 you must have a legal parent or guardian sign this document prior to receiving your observer badge.
- Make an appointment with the Student Program Coordinator to be issued an observer badge once you have been cleared and approved for your observation experience.
- Please upload a photo with the link below for your observer ID badge so we can have it ready when you arrive for you final approval appointment.
Upload a current, conservative, professional looking photo here for your observer ID badge. Please make sure the photo follows the HR 530d Dress Code Policy above. No hats, sunglasses, facial piercings, or tattoos are allowed.
Upload Photo for Your ID Badge
Please make an appointment if you are coming in person as we are not always available when assisting other students or attending meetings. You can request an appointment by email or phone.
Policy and Observer Agreement
Click here to read the policy EDU800 before you continue.
Click here for the Observer Agreement that must be completed to observe.
Required Immunization and Communicable Disease Records
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)- 2 official records of vaccinations OR Positive results from titers showing immunity is required if observer is going to KidKare, Tyketown, OB or NICU however it is recommended for everyone
- TB test (PPD-tuberculosis)- Fill out the TB Annual Questionnaire Form and turn it in for approval of observations up to 8 hours. Record of annual negative TB skin test OR a Quantiferon TB blood test may be required if the Questionnaire is not approved. If a TB test is required it must have been completed within the last 12 months.
- Varicella (chickenpox)- Record of two vaccinations OR Positive titer results showing immunity OR Recollection of having the disease. Fill out this form for recollection.
- Influenza Vaccination Flu vaccination is required to observe from October 31st-May 31st each year.
- Tdap (tetanus w/ Pertussis) Vaccination record is required anywhere there may be children under 12 months of age.
Click below to submit Observer Forms and/or Immunization Records in the HIPAA Compliant Observer Drop Box. Submissions will go directly to The KRH Student Program Coordinator.
Medical Student/Residency Coordinator
Kalispell Regional Healthcare System
406-756-3693 secure fax
The Student department office hours are 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday. The department is normally closed for national holidays.
The Student Affiliations department office is located on the second floor of the Administrative Office Tower, room number 225.