What is Medical Home?
Medical Home is a comprehensive approach to health care that improves access, efficiency and coordination within your health care team. You and your primary care physician develop a plan of care that is unique to you. This plan focuses on wellness and prevention, keeping you connected with your health care team in a personal way.
In a Medical Home, You and Your Team Work Together
Through this approach, you will build an ongoing, personal relationship with your primary care physician and your care team. Whether your medical need is preventive care, primary or secondary care, persistent issues, or end-of-life care, your Medical Home is there for you. The result is continuous, integrated and comprehensive care by a team that is led by a single, trusted physician.
The doctor-patient relationship is integral in providing you the best possible care. Through this relationship, you and your team will create a plan of care that is unique to you. This plan focuses on wellness and prevention, so that future health problems can be avoided whenever possible.
Your Medical Home Team
Your Medical Home team includes:
- Your primary health care provider
- Other health care professionals
- Trusted family members and friends
- Most important, you
How to Help Your Team Provide Quality Care
Be an active team member:
Talk with your team:
- Come prepared with questions.
- Tell us about your past health successes and challenges.
- Inform us about other health care professionals who care for you.
- Provide us with feedback about the care you are receiving.
Take care of your health:
- Set goals you can reach.
- Make sure you understand how to follow the plan and achieve your goals.
- Follow the health care plan you and your team have created.
- Tell your team if you are having trouble sticking with your care plan or if it is not working.
- Involve your team to help you make any needed changes.
Our Patient-Centered Medical Home Clinics
Six primary care clinics of Kalispell Regional Healthcare received national recognition in 2013 from the National Committee for Quality Assurance for their Patient-Centered Medical Home programs:
Big Sky Family Medicine
Bigfork Medical Clinic
Family Health Care
Northwest Family Medicine