Save a Brother
The Save a Brother initiative is a new initiative of Kalispell Regional Healthcare. Goals are to promote health awareness for men through outreach activities, distribute educational materials and raise funds to improve men's access and understanding for health screenings. Save a Brother also supports post-operative durable goods that often are not paid for by insurance. All funds raised stay in the local area.
For more information about the Save a Brother initiative or to donate to this program, call the Kalispell Regional Healthcare Foundation Office at (406) 751-6930.
About Men's Screenings
Men die, on average, at a significantly younger age than women. In America, the average life expectancy for men is almost five years less than women. The reasons for this difference may include:
- Lack of awareness and understanding about the health difficulties that affect men
- Rarity of open discussion about men's health and personal feelings
- Men are often reluctant to take action when they don't feel well
- Men regularly engage in activities that threaten their health
- Societal stigmas surrounding both physical and mental health in men
Screenings are significantly important for men, especially in the areas of:
- Blood Pressure